Wednesday, June 03, 2009

moving

-a chance to get rid of clothes you don't like, never wear, and don't fit you anyway.
-new paint colors for every room!
-an excuse to eat out when the kitchen is packed.
-a sober exercise in realizing how much "stuff" you own.
-all the fun of packing tape, labels, and gathering boxes. One might think we eat a lot of bananas and drink whiskey by the case.
-a trip down the sliding scale: 1. organize according to weight, size, product, level of usage, etc.
2. keep belongings labeled clearly.
3. pack with weight of box in mind.
4. give up and put socks in with shampoo, spices with DVDs,
and books with underwear.
5. throw everything headlong into the back of the car. No container needed.
6. pull out of the drive like the madwoman you've become. Blare the radio! Drink Dr. Pepper! Laugh triumphally into the wind! IT'S ONLY STUFF, FOR GOODNESS SAKES!

And last but not least:

-finally! It's clean under the bed!

3 Comments:

Blogger danica said...

that is toooo funny.

especially the sliding scale. Ha! totally!!

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Ilene said...

haha... yeah! you pack like me Nancy! :) Sounds like me going back and forth to college. I wish I lived closer! :( You can bet your bottom dollar I'd be over there helping you. :)

7:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lol! You're too funny!! I wish I could've helped you but I'm in the middle of my own 'moving' mess...and I'm only moving bedrooms!

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home